12/16/08

Hamilton to stay at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes for life

Lewis Hamilton has reiterated his passion for the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team by stating that he wants to stay with them for the rest of his career.

The Brit has been part of the team since 1998, when Vodafone McLaren Mercedes chairman Ron Dennis signed him onto the company's development programme.

And after being with the team for ten years, progressing through the motor racing structure into formula one, Hamilton insists he is very happy with is current team and has no desire to ever move.

He told the Italian daily newspaper Corriere dalla Sera: "I was born and grew up at McLaren. It is my home. Yes, I confirm I will never change team. I have handled all problems with the team: I have won, we have won, and that means that we have been the best.

"I have a lot of respect for Ron and what he has done for me."

Hamilton is currently in the running to be crowned Sports Personality of the Year for 2008, following becoming formula one world champion for the first time this season.

 

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008